::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Enlightening Maggie Time ________________________________________________________________
Saturday was my time with Maggie. She's been looking forward to it for a week and so have I. I try to take the kids out for one on one time as I've probably mentioned millions of times before! Maggie really needed it.

Our Old Navy is having a crazy sale. 50% off the 50% off price. Which usually figures out to be 75% off, but they make it sound so huge when they say 50 off the 50. I left with bags of stuff for everyone. It was insane! I couldn't afford not to. I got everyone a new coat for under ten bucks. Maggie had fun getting some new things. She loves shopping! She's such a girl! I love it.

We hung out at Barnes and Noble for a while (hot chocolate at Starbucks by the fire!). And then went out for a little something to eat. She's usually so quiet when it comes to talking about herself. She doesn't like to tell me what's been bothering her, but she's been opening up more and I learned a lot of important little things from her.

For example, before my friend Sandi moved away, she gave us a lot of her old books including a big collection of Garfield. Maggie was very excited about it. Reading has always been a challenge for her. It's getting easier now, but she's still not quite up to her "level" yet. She'll get there. I was so happy that she was excited about these books! I'm always buying her books she thinks she likes at the time, but then she doesn't like it for whatever reason. I thought Garfield would be great, but she deserted them too. She loved Sisters Grimm, but she said the print was too small, even with her glasses and a few of the words are too big and discourage her. She likes another series, but she's missing book 6. I gave her books 7 and 8 for Christmas. Ooops! She finally fessed up to why she won't read Garfield. Timmy likes them. Not just likes them. Loves them. He reads them in bed at night and all day long. He's sitting next to me reading one right now! Maggie wanted them to be her thing. I have always made the kids share books, but I can see how she'd be disappointed. It must be hard to have two brothers and two sisters and think something was going to be your deal and have it kind of taken away. Now I have something to work on! She still responds with "I'm not sure," when I ask her what's wrong of why she doesn't like something a lot, but we're making progress.

She also told me some things about Emily that I'll have to go into tomorrow. It's time to read to the kids and get them ready for bed. Michael is still at work. He had a meeting tonight at 8PM. Which is okay because he's taking most of tomorrow off. YES!

posted by Terri at 1/14/2008 08:08:00 PM >6 comments

6 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS