::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Dear Frankie, Dear Lord! ________________________________________________________________
My Sis in law let me borrow the movie Dear Frankie. We were talking movies during Thanksgiving and what a fine actor Gerard Butler is. What? He is! He was a wonderful Phantom, and stunning King Leonides. We don't care about his abs at all. In the least. The subject didn't even come up! Uh hum.

Last night I finally watched it. I was on the cusp of crying from the beginning and with 50 minutes left I was just bawling my eyes out. Poor Riley. I don't know if she's quite used to me crying so openly during movies with her. I hope I didn't scare her. Man, I really let it rip! It was SUCH an amazing film. Don't let my freakish crying jag put you off. It has officially become one of my new favorite movies of all time.

The basic rundown is this. A single mom on the run from an abusive husband. She wants her son to have a father and tells him he's in the Navy or whatever the Scottish equivalent is. So he writes letters to his dad. And she writes back pretending to be his dad. And on it goes. The inevitable time has come when Frankie discovers his dad's ship is docking where they now live. Mom must now fine a "father" for Frankie or come clean about it all. Gerard Butler plays The Stranger who becomes Frankie's father for the day. *sigh*

I don't know why I was so touched. Well, we all have daddy issues, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I so desperately want Michael and his sons (Timmy in particular) to be close and have that magical relationship that only father and son can have. Timmy is so hungry for his dad's love and acceptance and Michael can be pretty hard on him. Not that Tim doesn't deserve it, because he does. Tim does know his daddy loves him without a doubt. I don't know... I just worry. I'm really worried about their relationship. Probably for no reason, like all my other worries!

I'm so glad my sis in law is around, because she seems to appreciate Timmy. He's a spaz. He's whiney. He actually broke the wall the other day just from running his shoulder into it while bouncing around he house. He's also so loving. Smart as a whip. Incredibly caring especially of his brother and is thoughtful and artistic. I love him so much I could burst just thinking about him. Sis in law has three boys and she seems to understand him pretty well and gives him unconditional love. It's nice for him to have someone else besides his parents and grammy who isn't just annoyed by his wild energy.

posted by Terri at 1/08/2008 09:54:00 PM >6 comments

6 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS