A Weekend Getaway
________________________________________________________________
Michael surprised me and is taking me to Anchorage for the weekend. We're driving down, and that will be fun, but time consuming. We're planning on leaving after his show tonight, so we might get there at 1AM, fingers crossed. He's got some clients to see down there and we're making a fun weekend of it.
While I can't wait, because I haven't been out of town for a break since I was pregnant with Xander and we went for that marriage seminar (not necessarily a vacation) this is my first time away from Xander and the rest of them are very vocal about missing me. This is really, really hard.
We'll be home on Saturday, but still.... I'm going to miss my babies. A lot! And while Michael is fantastic at distracting me and reassuring me, it's going to be a challenge. I don't want to hurt his feelings by being upset about leaving them. It's a precarious position, but I'm fortunate to have a very understanding husband.
And the kids have a bag full of candy to keep them occupied. Teehee. Most of their fun is trading candy back and forth. Xander ended up with a ton of Kit Kats. No Baby Ruth or 5th Avenue this year. *pout* Lots of Tootsie Rolls. And since they are Grammy's favorite (they are nice and soft too!) they want to send her all of them. We'll see if there are any left when we get home on Saturday. It's the thought that counts, Grammy!
posted by Terri at
11/01/2007 01:45:00 PM>9 comments
9 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home