::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Thanksgiving Delayed on Account of Cooties ________________________________________________________________
We all came down with that nasty cold, so I had to postpone dinner until Saturday. Which worked out perfectly! Emily didn't like it because she has a thing for celebrating holidays and birthday's on the actual day. So do I. We have a lot of the same issues. I guess I should be saving up for a therapist for her now.

So last night the in-laws came. Michael's mom and dad. His youngest sister stopped by for a few minutes after work but went home because she's tired. Love the girl, but this is her first real job (she's 18 or 19 now, my bad for not remembering) and she acts like a martyr about it. Hello. This is the real world where people have to work for a living. She actually found a really good, well paying job. Just wait until she moves out of her parents house! Reality will set in and hopefully it won't be too much of a shock. Michael's older sister came (the scary one) with her two boys (who are scarier still). And you know what? It wasn't so bad!

Michael's older sister has an addiction to drama. We only hear from her if her husband gets arrested or her car catches fire or her ex-husband has been kidnapped by Columbian drug lords. Okay, the last bit hasn't happened. Yet. But anything is possible where he is concerned.

Last Christmas, she decided she was Jewish so she didn't have to come to the family Christmas party. Seriously! Damn. I wish I had thought of that... I can't believe it actually worked!

What's the drama this time? Her husband left. He just took off. I think he just can't handle being a grown up. He lives on disability and plays PS2 all day or works on cars. They have her two kids from her previous marriage and their son together. All he has to do is take care of the baby while she works, but he can't always manage. So, she doesn't know if he'll be back. Her job takes her out of town regularly. She's left to support all herself and the boys alone. Oh! He was "remodeling" their bathroom before he left. And now her bathroom is torn up and he chose that time to leave. That would be the last straw to put me over the edge. I'd be rocking back and forth in a padded room by that time! Fine, leave me to support a family on my own, but don't make me do it with no bathroom!

I have to say, I'm really impressed by her. She has kept herself together. She seems really happy with her life. Loves her job, her friends, everything is finally going great for her in the first time ever and then her husband leaves. Poor kid. But overall, she seemed really happy and not the least bit crazy like usual.

It was kind of nice being around her. I think it's just best if we keep our visits to a couple times a year and it seems to work out better that way. Jeez. I feel like a real ass for expecting her to be nuts and then this happens. The one time I'd expect her to be nuts, and she's not.

Dinner was okay. My MIL brought pies (dang I have to say her lemon meringue was awesome) but she forgot the green bean casserole, and I didn't mention it. They were an hour and a half late, and I didn't mention that either. How someone manages to be an hour and a half late, doesn't call and doesn't even mention it when they do finally arrive is beyond me, but I'm rolling with it baby. Nothing phased me. Heck, she brought 3 pies!

My turkey was a little dry, but whatever. It wasn't a Butterball and my company was late. I didn't make gravy, but whatever. I did make sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, pumpkin bread, stuffing, turkey, spinach dip and a pumpkin butter cake, so no one starved. Not bad considering I wasn't really expecting three extra people. And there was pie, so if everything burned and tasted like crap, who cares! There's pie!

I love pie. I can't make a good crust to save my life, no matter how many times my mom has tried to help me. I make a mighty fine pie innard though. But I really appreciate other people's pie because of what I put myself through trying to make a good one.

So we all survived. We all had a nice time. And for that, and so many other things, I am truly thankful!

posted by Terri at 11/25/2007 01:22:00 PM >9 comments

9 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS