::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Snot-Tastic! ________________________________________________________________
Michael decided that tonight's Dumbledore's Army is called on account of colds. Emily and Maggie are most upset, since their goal for getting over being sick was going to Barnes and Noble! He wisely thinks we should rest up and clean and cook like gangbusters tomorrow. But the kids are despondent! It's very sad... We haven't missed a meeting in well over six months. Maybe a year! I'm sad about it myself. It's hard to be the parent sometimes!

Michael's doing all my Thanksgiving food shopping for me today. I hope I didn't forget anything on the list I sent him! That could be catastrophic. Funny the things I remember as I'm wheeling a cart down the aisles!

Poor Xander is really not feeling well. You can just tell from looking at his glassy red eyes. He'll be fine for a while and then his nose will start to run and his eyes will get red again. Last night he had a hard time settling down to sleep. Riley ran up to comfort him once before I could even get up off the couch. She's such a good sister! I tucked him back in again for a final time and rubbed him down with Vicks. He kept saying, "I'm done. I'm done." I think he's tired of not feeling well. He woke up doing a lot better, but he's still under the weather. Poor little guy. As soon as he got his Arthur "Deck the Halls" book he wanted, he settled down and didn't wake up again.

Tim refuses to admit he's sick, and he probably is the healthiest out of any of us. He's bouncing around driving me mental. Probably because I've had the TV on more in an effort to keep everyone resting. The more TV that boy watches, the nuttier he gets!

This morning I was ready to cancel Thanksgiving, but I'm more optimistic that we'll be well enough, and I'll be well enough to cook and not give everyone my cold! I'm not going to worry about the house as much... This will be the true test of my MIL's new pod person status. I'm just going to work on adopting another "I don't give a crap" attitude. That seems to work best for us. It's all about what we're thankful for, right? As long as we all keep that in mind, it will be just fine.

I forgot to remind Michael to pick up toilet paper last night. In a house with 6 runny noses and no tissue or TP, we're in dire straights! Thank goodness for baby wipes! Heh!

Enough whining and moaning... I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays. I love all the cooking and baking. I love the attitude that comes with it. I love the tradition. I miss my Mom like the dickens, but it's such a busy day that I don't have time to let myself cry. Much. Dangit!

I started to moan again! Where's my laptop?! My laptop will make everything better!

posted by Terri at 11/20/2007 03:10:00 PM >1 comments

1 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS