Now I've Gone and Done It!
________________________________________________________________ My son. The barbarian. A picture of thankfulness (for food!) on Thanksgiving!
So I've done the ultimate stupid thing. I agreed to watch my nephew for my formerly crazy sister in law. I know, I know... but she needs me. Besides, I can't have my nephew spending too much time with my MIL. There's no telling how long her current pod person (nice and pleasant) personality will last!
Why is this stupid? Because I am the wimpiest person alive right now. Come on, every time you read my blog I have a headache or the flu or allergies. *Something* I'm pathetic. Truly. But I just couldn't say no. My nephew is just two day's older then Xander. They were SO cute together at our Thanksgiving dinner. (Xander is the blonde with short hair) They played together and barely had a single squabble. Unheard of for two year olds! Although Xander did pick up a couple bad habits (pinching and screeching) it's nothing that can't be corrected. I wonder what Xander taught his cousin? Ack! As crazy as my sister in law used to be, she has grown up a lot and I can't help but think she just might be better off without the dead weight. AKA her husband. But she's going to need some support. I'm determined to do that for her.
She is paying me a little something. I told her I didn't want to take it, but she said it's a matter of pride for her, and I get that. I decided to split it with Riley for the far too many days where I'm down with something or other. She was ecstatic and the younger kids are all excited about it too.
I promised some Emily b'day pics and here you go!
I love how her face lights up when we sing to her! She just glows. *sigh* I love it. I still can't get over that she's NINE! She's always been a petite little thing, but this past year she's done a lot of growing. She shot up like a bean sprout! She wanted to learn how to cook, and I taught her how to cook eggs (among other things). Although Maggie still does a lot for her, like open packages that are stuck or what have you, she's really starting to come in to her own more. She's so close with Maggie and I hope their relationship stays close and special into adulthood. As the youngest princess, we've all always done a lot for her. But now she's becoming independent and it's bittersweet to see her turning into a young lady.
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home