I Got Nothin'
________________________________________________________________
Most of the blogs I've read so far today have been very insightful and left me pondering important things. I've tried. I really have. But my thoughts are very simple today. I got nothin' for you people. I tried for insightful, and got cutsey. I guess I'll go with that!
Xander hasn't learned to say "I love you too" yet. Instead, we say I love you, and he says in the sweetest most sincere little voice, "too!". I love it. When he talks to Daddy on the phone, he always says "too" and gives the receiver a kiss. I should be teaching him to say the entire sentence properly, but this is unique to Xander. It's just him. And we all have adopted "too" every now and then because it gives us all a warm Xander fuzzy.
Riley does a lot of things for Xander. She loves taking care of him. This is a lovely advantage to having older children and younger children. He's going to be spoiled stupid if I'm not careful, but that's another story! She often changes his diaper or bathes him for me as I look on and make goofy faces for him. Lately he's been wanting me to take a more active role in his diaper changing. "Mom's turn, Riley! Mom's turn!" He pokes me in the shoulder and says, "You do it, Mommy! Please!" And I'm a bowl full of pudding in no time flat.
Last night I made Turkey Tetrazzini because we still have a lot of turkey left from Saturday. Michael found a turkey the size of Xander (seriously they were both 27 pounds, I almost took a picture of them side by side with Xander in a turkey position but thought that would be weird) and we are enjoying actual leftovers for the first time in years. It's been a long time since I made Tetrazzini. Tim forgot he liked it and Xander wasn't sure about it at all. Odd, since if it's food, he will stop to eat it. He always sits next to Michael because Michael is really good about getting him to eat a little bit of everything. Ever since he started eating table food with us, Xander sits at his chair and eats for dad. Then when he's eaten enough that Daddy lets him get down, he comes over to sit on my lap. And eats what is left on my plate. Last night he wasn't liking his own plate of dinner, but for some reason, mine tasted better. This frustrates my dear husband a tad. Isn't that always the way though? I swear I'm extra fluffy because whenever I try to eat, my kids decide my food looks really tasty and I hand it over because who can resist a two year old saying "pwease?" or a 7 year old boy batting his eyes? You'd think I'd be skinny because of the lack of food, but in God's great sense of humor, my body has gone into starvation mode and holds on to my extra fluff like a flotation device! So I'm fluffy and my son's are the biggest mooches known to man.
Hey! I got kind of insightful afterall! Make a note: Stop giving in to your boys cuteness when they want your lunch!
I know. It sounds easy right? It's obviously the right thing to do as a parent. But you just haven't seen the raw power of Xander's "pwease" or Timmy's big smile or negotiation techniques. Seriously. Tim has a good future rescuing hostages. In reality, I'm a much tougher cookie then I'm letting on. They only bend me to their will on special occasions. My husband just swallowed his tongue trying not to laugh if he's reading this. Okay, so special occasions like Saturday's and Thursday's. That might be more accurate with a tiny bit of literary license.
Ooo, so how do you like my new Christmas banner Michael made? The Santa one is my favorite! He worked hard on it last night even though he wasn't feeling well. *sigh* He's a keeper.
posted by Terri at
11/30/2007 12:13:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home