Long Time No See
________________________________________________________________
I cannot believe how long it's been since I've updated! I don't think I went this long even when Xander was born.
It's been a rough couple of weeks, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think.
I had to take Michael with me to the doc today and have him help me explain to her what my malfunction is. She wanted to hear it from me in my own words and snapped at him which pissed me off, but I think she understood that I needed him. I've been so out of it lately, and let's face it. I'm too Miss Susie Sunshine to admit how bad I feel half the time. I need him to keep me honest. I thank God for him every day. Literally.
The van is still broken. So Michael's been my chauffeur. Hah! Poor guy. I drove his piece of jalopy (errr... Jeep) to run some errands while he was broadcasting his show the other day. I actually really like the way the thing handles. Too bad it's a jalopy! Sorry, honey. I know you love your piece of Jeep. Teehee.
And now there is snow on the ground and the roads are covered with black ice and I don't want to go anywhere anyway, so it's a good time for the van to be broken.
Oh! So I'm a brunette now. I don't really like it, but at least I'm not gray. My stylist (the same one I've had for most of 17 years) decided to up and retire with no freakin' notice! Talk about a panic. I don't trust people with my hair. Hell, I don't trust myself with my hair. It takes a lot of bravery to even do something as simple as trim my own bangs! Yet I cut my girls' hair all the time. Poor little things. So I thought I'd deem the salon owner and high school friend of Michael's worthy of highlighting and cutting my hair. I guess when I was communicating that I like light highlights and low-lights tend to fade too quickly for my taste, she thought I wanted to cover gray more then blend it and wanted to keep it from fading. So she added some rinse thing between my 'lights to work my gray over. It's been a week and I still don't recognize myself in the mirror it's so dark. Oh, and when she styled it, she straightened it. Why do stylists have this thing about straightening my naturally curly hair? What the heck? I buy a lot of products to enhance that curl and deal with frizz. Don't mess with my curl mojo! Michael liked it though, so I kept it that way for a while. I don't think people recognized me with straight *brown* hair. I could figure a way to use that to my advantage and mess with people's melons.
"What local talk show host was seen stepping out on the town with a sassy brunette last week? News at 11." Hah!
Riley's been helping me out a lot, per her usual. And I think Timmy wanted to help her out with bedtime. She usually changes Xander for bed for me. So tonight Timmy went upstairs with him and I thought they were playing. Tim called down and said he put Xander his crib. I told him how sweet he was, but that we needed to change his diaper still. "Oh, it's okay, Mom. I'll don't think he's poopy." I told him I still needed to see him. "No, Mom. He's fine, but I'll make sure. Hey, Xander. Mind if I smell your butt?" I'm still giggling over that one.
posted by Terri at
10/12/2007 12:11:00 AM>9 comments
9 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home