::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Journey of an Insomniac ________________________________________________________________
Last night I was so tired around 7:00 I could barely keep my eyes open. Michael got home late and I was still so sleepy. I was hoping to get to bed without having to take the Ambien, but Michael convinced me that I should take it and keep taking it for the two weeks that the doctor prescribed. So I did. I hate taking medicine, but he was probably right.

Went to bed at midnight yawning to beat the band. I didn't even pick up my book that I'm completely sucked into (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon for those curious). And I lie there. And lie there. Feeling really tired. Exhausted even. And lie there some more. And before I know it, it's 2:30AM. So I lie there and imagine a chalk board I'm erasing. I say my prayers for everyone and everything I can possibly think of. I name all the states and their capitals. I count sheep. I do my deep breathing, imagining myself on the beach totally relaxed. And it's now 4:30AM. $%@#%^&%#! Ambien worked so well the night before!!

Michael had meetings by the house today, so he slept in a little bit and I did too. So I got a whole whopping 4-1/2 hours of very interrupted sleep. He convinced me that I need to get up and not let myself fall asleep at all today. My eyelids are still heavy and puffy. I look and feel like a zombie and I'm so irritable even the turtle is getting on my nerves. Stop scratching at your house, silly turtle! I proclaimed today is snow day and told the kids we will take the day off from school but they have to go out and play in the snow. That was good for about 20 minutes. ARGH!

The crap thing is, I'm tired! I'm exhausted at night! I lie there in bed yawning with heavy eyes. Sleep just won't come. And now I'm grumpy because Michael's probably right and I shouldn't let myself fall asleep. And I have the shakes. What the heck is that all about? Typing is a challenge with the shaking hands.

My friend, Joanne told Michael that she had a horrible case of insomnia when she started menopause. She was 36. I'm 37. And I've been having hot flashes. I thought it was just low blood sugar or something, but I've been suspicious. My deodorant has been failing me too. My pits are always moist. Sorry. Is this Too Much Information for you? So I can't sleep. My eggs are drying up. I wanted just one more baby, but I'm a dried up old prune. All I want is to go to bed with some DVD's and a bag of Oreo's and milk.

I'm being whiny baby. I'm sorry. *YAWN*!

posted by Terri at 10/26/2007 01:07:00 PM >11 comments

11 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS