It Seems Like Everything is Okay...But Dumbledore is Gay?
________________________________________________________________
I think things are getting better. It's been nearly two weeks since I increased the dosage. I've had a few evenings where I've felt my kooky self again. I'm still exhausted and could sleep most of the day without a problem. I'm managed to adapt to taking Tylenol PM in the attempt to sleep at NIGHT instead of all day.
I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. I'm just doing the best that I can. I've been steadily getting better and better since I last wrote. I even managed to cook a few meals today! I think the family was thrilled.
I was down all day Saturday with a migraine. When I wake up with a headache, I know it's going to be horrid. And it was. And I really missed going out for alone time with Michael. I need that. We get so busy that we need to make the time to pay attention and focus on one another.
So. Dumbledore is gay. What's up with that? Why was that necessary? I don't care that he's gay. Whatever. I just find it completely ridiculous to give him any sexual orientation at all. These are children's books. His sex life has no bearing on the books or his character. If it did, I think JKR should have written them into the books instead of "outing" him in the pandering manner she did. If she were really brave, and wanted to make a statement, she should have written his character as gay instead of doing it during a Q&A session. She should have made Grindlewald more than a best friend as she claims now that he was and gone for it. Why invite the controversy if you didn't want to write about it? I just don't understand the point. Why do we need to go there? Why?
The worst part is (call me a homophobe if you want, I don't care) that my kids read the headlines first. My son is 7. Loves Harry. We go to the discussion group at Barnes and Noble once a month with all the kids. It's an enriching time for us all. My son had no idea what gay means. I don't think he has the maturity yet to be told the facts of reproduction let alone explaining other variations on the theme. He still thinks farts are the funniest thing in the world and his privates are the next funniest. This would not have been the time I would have chosen to have this conversation with him. My younger girls either for that matter. But because I feel this way, someone will call me homophobic. Anyone who isn't celebrating Dumbledore's apparent homosexuality is going to be called names.
So I'm ignoring JKR. I always used to think of Dumbledore and McGonagall sneaking off to the Three Broomsticks together or maybe renting a room at the Leaky Cauldron for little rendezvous in the summer months before the school session started. He'd call her his little Lemon Drop and he was her Cauldron Cake. It was all very sweet. But alas, it was too much too soon. The end came when she gave him a box of Bertie Botts by mistake instead of his favored Lemon Drops. After one Ear Wax flavored bean, they realized that they should wait to be together until he retired as Headmaster. But he kept his password at the gargoyles guarding his office Lemon Drop in honor of their love and so she would smile a secret smile to herself as the gargoyle let her pass.
posted by Terri at
10/22/2007 12:56:00 AM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home