::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


She's Really Going.... ________________________________________________________________
Michael is taking a couple days off. Wooooot! Since he would have been away hunting anyway, why not, right? Besides, Bossman is out of town. I feel just horrible that he's been in such pain, but I'm so excited he's going to be home for a few days.

Speaking of the pain, he's getting better. He slept for a whole night last night, and so did I! Yessss.... He saw the A-hole chiropractor (who shall henceforth be dubbed Dr. Doom) and got fixed right up! It's been a while since he had an adjustment, and that helped tremendously. Well, enough so he can sleep anyway.

My bestest girl friend, Sandi is leaving. Friday. I wasn't going to let it get to me. Yeah, right! We hadn't been seeing much of each other over the past couple months, what with the new man and all. Which I completely understand. The right guy has that affect on a person. Something I know from experience. She stopped by Monday and spent some time with the kids and me and it was just awesome. I guess that's the sign of a really good friend. It doesn't matter how much time you've spent apart, when you are finally together it feels like yesterday.

She turned 21 yesterday! I was out with Emily all day and was too exhausted for the fun and games of a freshly minted 21 year old and I didn't make her party. I'm the old lady. I'd just make everyone feel weird, I'm sure. I didn't want that for her. I wanted her to party with her younger friends like it was 1999! She's probably never even heard that song! Hah! You know. Prince? 1999? The song? Purple Rain? Anyway! She calls last night at 10:40 and tells us she's engaged! Andrew got down on one knee and in front of all (except me!) friends and her parents proposed and gave her a gorgeous ring. She's going to be a missus! Crap! I missed it. I'm officially a sucky friend.

Tonight we took them to dinner. It was great getting to know her guy better. He's so right for her. I have a fantastic feeling about them. Her mom doesn't want her to rush into marriage, but they are so ready. They totally remind me of Michael and I. I was just her age when we got married and we were just as over the moon for one another. We couldn't stand to be apart even to go to work. We were disgusting! But in the best possible way of course.

They asked Michael if he was free Friday morning because they might want to elope and have him commissioned to marry them and then have their big wedding in June. Hey, that's what we did! And 16 years later, here we are. *sigh* They are so adorable. Her Mom would flip out. Eeek. I don't even think, "but that's what Michael and Terri did!" will work to ease her parents crankiness.

Then it really hit home. She's leaving. In just a few days, she'll be gone. My partner in crime. My friend who reminds me how to have fun and laugh and enjoy life. At least she's just a 7 hour drive away. Not fun with 5 kids and a broken down van, though.

I'm really going to miss that kid! I hope we can manage to keep our friendship alive as her life continues to change and grow. I just love that girl!

See? Aren't they cute? He's got some arms on him... There's a reason they call him Guns! She's so happy. And that makes me so happy. He adores her! She's going to have a fantastic future.


posted by Terri at 9/13/2007 01:04:00 AM >4 comments

4 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS