::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Riley Grows Up ________________________________________________________________
It's been a crazy week.

Two of my five had dentist appointments. No cavities! Whoo the hoo! Heard at in the van on the way home, "Wow. I forget to brush my teeth a lot. I guess I don't have to since she said I was doing such a great job!" Uh, no. Sorry to tell you this, but you were lucky. L-U-C-K-Y. If I have to pay for fillings, I'm taking it out of your would be allowance.

I had a high school orientation meeting at the charter school. I'm all lined out on how many hours make a credit and how many credits are needed of what and how the high school exit exams start for sophomores for us, but juniors for the regular public school attending kids. Bummer. I feel the pressure of teaching her the right classes for the maximum amount of credits, but I don't want her to.

Holy crap. My kid is in high school.

Holy.

Crap.

Yesterday, I took Riley for a long overdue hair cut. I was taking her to this foofy foofy place where Michael got some trade. They take "apprentice" stylists so her cuts were only $15.00. Such a deal! It took her an hour and a half, but it was a great cut and over half the price. I guess the apprentice had more training, because yesterday it cost $30.00 and she cut an extra three inches off at no extra charge. I guess with all that training, she forgot how to measure? Riley was a little shocked at first, but she likes it now. She is looking forward to it growing out and so am I. It makes her look... older. It's just past her shoulders in cute little layers. It reminds me of Diane Keat*n's hair only parted in the middle. Now I have visions of Riley making out with Keanu Reev*s. This is not good.

I'm not dealing supremely well with my first child growing up I guess. I know it had to happen. It just seemed to happen overnight. *sigh*

Michael was supposed to go hunting next week, but I don't know if he'll make it. He had a steroid shot for his back pain last week in preparation for the trip. He hadn't needed one for over a year! He was getting them 4 times a year, so I thought he was doing better. His doctor said he's just been dealing with the pain. As soon as they gave him the shot, he was dopey like he was on morphine. He couldn't leave the office for quite a while.

Now, every night, he's been getting crippling pain down one of his legs. He can't sleep at all. He's never been in this kind of pain. His doctor put him on some sort of neuro blocker, but it's not working yet. I hate anything that blocks pain. It freaks me out. Pain is our bodies way of telling us something is wrong. If he takes a bad step, his spine could shift and he's in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I'm thinking the pain would tell him if he's going to step wrong. But I don't have to live with that kind of pain every day either. My migraines cripple me enough as it is, I can't even imagine what daily pain is like. I just worry about him... Last night I didn't even wake up with him and I felt bad. I usually wake up when he gets up, but I had no clue he was out of bed. My poor sweet man. If you're so inclined, I know he'd appreciate a prayer his way and so would I!

posted by Terri at 9/07/2007 04:04:00 PM >8 comments

8 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS