::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Xander's Invisible Friend ________________________________________________________________
The other night, Michael and I were sitting on the couch. I can't remember if we were talking or watching something on TV. We so rarely do that together. Watch TV, that is. Oh, I watch plenty (probably too much) with Riley, but he and I rarely watch much together just the two of us. Juuust the two of us. We can make it if we tryyyy. Just the two of us. Building castles in the skyyyyy....Did I just burst into song? Not only am I completely off topic, but now I'm spontaneously singing. I really need a nap. Or a vacation. Preferably both.

Anyway! Before I so rudely interrupted myself... It was dark outside. It's getting dark earlier now. Around 10:45 or so. I heard Xander wake up upstairs and start calling for me. So I went up to see him and it seemed like he needed a diaper change. I took care of business and then he snuggled with Daddy for a while because Xander is so completely cute and irresistible. It was virtually impossible to take him straight to bed. Then Xander starts talking to the window. He gets up and walks over and climbs up the couch and starts pointing outside talking a mile a minute. "Hi guy. Guy! Hi. Hi. Hi guy. Mom, guy, outside! Look! Guy!" He calls his siblings as a group "guys" so I didn't think too much of it. I thought he probably wanted to go outside and play with the guys tomorrow. I told him the guys were upstairs asleep and he needed to go to bed too. "No, Mommy. Guy. Guy! Outside!" I repeated myself and told him the guys weren't outside.

A few moments pass. Then he points to the other window in the dining room. "Mommy! There's guy! Guy! Hi, guy! Hi!" I look at Michael. He looks at me. This is a little odd. It's as if he sees someone outside. I look out, but I don't see anything. It's pretty dark though. "Mommy! See the guy? Hi, guy!" EEEK. That's just weird. The dark always creeps me out though. The back of our house where the living room and dining room are is settled back in the woods. There are trees all around us and I admit to getting freaked out when I'm by myself at night.

Xander kept at it. Next he points to the bedroom window. "Guy, Mommy! Guy's outside!" I tell him again that everyone is in bed. No one is outside. "Mommy. Guy outside. Guy's outside, Mommy! Guy! Hi, guy!" He's so emphatic about it. It's as if someone were walking around the outside of the house. Someone only Xander could see. I know. It sounds crazy. Silly. Ridiculous. And it's hard to explain how certain he was that someone was outside. It was just... weird.

Now we all have a standing joke about Xander and his friend who lives in the trees outside. If I didn't joke about it, I would give myself nightmares. Funny how something so innocent can give me goosebumps. I'm my own worse enemy, I swear. But even Michael admitted to being a little creeped out about the whole thing... So who knows?

posted by Terri at 8/29/2007 02:39:00 PM >9 comments

9 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS