::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Xander is a Man-der, Too Big to be a Salamander ________________________________________________________________
When Xander was a baby, the only word I could come up with that rhymed with his name was salamander. And the little song we all sang him "Xander... You're not a salamander" was born. But now he's two. TWO! And much too big to be a salamander. *sob* Now, he's just Xander the Man-der.

Michael took the kids to the lake on Saturday afternoon. I stayed home because of my stupid cold. I wore myself out making Timmy's cowboy beans. Did I stay in bed and relax? Gracious no. That would have made sense! No, I got up, flossed, brushed, washed my face got dressed and chatted with Mom online for a while. Then I cleaned the kitchen up from making the beans and baked Timmy's (call me Timothy) chocolate cake. I was sure they would be home any minute because it wasn't exactly a gorgeous day. It was around 60 degrees and gray out. I hustled and finished wrapping presents. Still no sign of them. I finished wrapping Xander's presents. Still not home. I made my oh so yummy fudge frosting and assembled the cake. Still no children and husband. It was quiet. Too quiet. I couldn't think because it was so darned quiet. I cleaned up and set the table and arranged the gifts. And twiddled my thumbs. At 9:00 I started to get concerned. At 9:30 I texted (is that a word?) Riley and Michael called back and said they were on their way. The kids just got out of the water. See what happens when Mom isn't there? The kids turn into prune Popsicles in freezing lake water way past their bedtime! This must be why Daddy is the fun one.

Finally, they show up. After 10:00. We have cake. We plow through presents and everyone falls into bed. I have a feeling that we aren't going to make church in the morning, and we don't. Michael is SO sore from his fun and frivolity and the kids, needless to say, slept in a bit.

So Sunday is Xander's big day. He's finally two! And Daddy invited Timmy (call me Timothy) to the Man Store (Home Dep0t). As the "men" are getting ready to go, Xander runs over and gets his shoes and asks Daddy, "Can I come too?" I don't know who could resist that, but it would take a lesser man then Michael because even though he was sore, and needed his cane, he took both boys to the Man Store for an afternoon of manliness.

It was weird in the house without the boys around. I gathered up the girls and we went to the store to pick up a few things for a Xander birthday dinner and cream cheese frosting for his manly spice cake.

I'd share pictures of the birthday fun, but Daddy was in video mode and just took videos. They are darn cute too!

Xander (short for Alexander, and no longer a salamander) has always been a wonderful baby. As easy going as you please. He comes back when you tell him to. When you tell him it's time to change his diaper, he comes over and lies down in front of you. Most of the time. Heh. He's brought nothing but pure joy to every member of our family. We all adore him to pieces.

When he woke up Sunday morning, he was using more sentences. "I'll go get it." "I want to come." "More milk please." He was also trying to say new words that we couldn't understand and he would get frustrated. The terrible two's started to rear it's head. Uh oh. He's appropriated Timmy's (call me Timothy) Spiderman blanket Grammy gave him for his birthday. When I tuck him in, he asks for it and Tim happily hands it over. That's true brotherly love, because Tim loved that blanket from the moment he laid hands on it.

He loves to rub noses, watch Max and Ruby and play "ba-etball" and he loves airplanes like Tim loved cars at that age. He loves the movie Cars, calls Lightening McQueen "Ka-chow" and likes to help me set the table for dinner.

I miss so many things about him when he was little. I still miss nursing him. I miss being his whole world. I miss his soft blonde hair that is now short and fuzzy since Daddy's been cutting it. I miss how he used to be content to let me sit and hold him until I was ready to let him go.

I love so many things about him now and try not to think too much about missing his babyness, but I don't want to forget a moment of it either. I love that he asks to hold my hand when we go for walks. I love how he calls his siblings "guys". I love that he likes to lie down with me and put his head on my pillow for a nice snuggle. I love his crayon pictures. I love his car and airplane noises. I love how he plays Star Wars with his brother and zooms around the house chasing and making light saber sounds.

Time goes by so fast when you have kids. Ironic that when you want time to slow down so you can enjoy these moments, it's too busy to really be able to.

posted by Terri at 8/07/2007 12:26:00 PM >6 comments

6 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS