|
|
Timmy (Call me Timothy) is 7
________________________________________________________________
That was my big boy on his third birthday when Batman ruled the world. His world, anyway. Spiderman is where it's at lately. Xander wears that shirt now. Granted, it's a little big, but dude. Time flies when your children are growing.
Yesterday my first son, fourth child and complete joy of my life turned seven. It wasn't that much of a shock to my system because it's seemed like he's been seven for a while already. I don't know why it seemed that way... But Michael agreed. Weird.
Tim is like a bottle of soda someone has shaken up. He wakes up in the morning ready to go like he's a little robot and someone flipped his switch. The rest of us aren't quite that perky and raring to go. He's always got such energy. I guess that's how little boys are. I never knew, having had three girls first!
He's always hungry. Unless I'm serving something other then chicken curry, pizza, or meat in any form. And don't even think about trying to get him to eat peas, green beans or any vegetable other then broccoli or salad. But especially peas. He could eat cereal for every meal. If he can't get his hands on anything meat that is. Turkey, ham, chicken, bologna (does that count?) and a couple slices of bread (or not) and he's happy. He used to want PB&J every day for lunch and then one day he'd had enough. The mere mention of PB&J leaves him cold. Apparently he wore out those taste buds. Now, he only wants *meat*. "Mom, what are we having for dinner? Is it meat?"
He loves to ride his bike and build ramps to jump off of. He's always outside looking for ants, or rocks or a dirt pile to play in. He's got a gorgeous tan and his buzzed hair has been bleached blonde around his face by the sun. It sets off his green eyes that melt my heart whenever he looks at me. He loves swimming at the lake. It's his favorite place to be in the summer, but he loves the lake best when Daddy's playing with him. He likes it when Daddy takes him to gun shows and can't wait to go hunting.
He's not a "mama's boy", but we are very close. Sometimes, I feel like I'm one of the few people in the world who truly appreciates him just the way he is. With his high squeaky screams, temper flares when he's tired, stubbornness and strong will. I love those things about him just as much as I love how much he completely adores his baby brother, how snuggly he is, how sensitive and compassionate he is, how he roots for the Yankees, will share his last sip of root beer, how he'll make me a snack and bring it to me on a tray to surprise me, and how he'll open doors for his sisters and me. His favorite color is green, and loves to wear camo and hates being tickled. He's just so wonderful and fun. I couldn't have asked for a better son.
I've been fighting a nasty cold for a few days so it's good we're celebrating his birthday today. But I let him open a couple presents from Grammy. She got him this:
 After he opened it, he sat next to me with this odd, sad expression on his face. I asked him if he was okay and he said he felt like crying. "Crying from happiness!" He loves his Grammy so, and she really "gets" him and understands him giving him that unconditional love that he so needs. He practiced with it in the driveway for most of the afternoon. We were supposed to have a party for the boy's at the lake today, but it's 61 degrees and cloudy. Maybe we'll go fishing instead. Tim would love fish for dinner! Especially if he's the one that caught something!
Maggie made the boys a special breakfast. Green goblin and Spiderman pancakes. I wish I had taken a picture! She used toothpicks and food coloring to make a spider web design in them. She's a clever one and the boys *loved* it!
Here's the smile that lights up my world.

posted by Terri at
8/04/2007 11:12:00 AM

|
|
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home