Random Thoughts
________________________________________________________________
I woke up with a headache (dangit) and it always makes me emotional. Took some meds, rested for a while and I made myself get up. Kid noise really exacerbates the pain in my brain, unfortunately. But it's always something, so make myself get up I do. Yoda I am? What? Never mind...
The TV is too loud. I should make them turn it off, but I don't want to disappoint them just yet. They can finish this show and that's it! I promise. Oh, good. It's over. Whew. That's better.
Timmy had a nightmare last night. He woke us up banging on the bedroom door at 5AM. He was trembling, the poor guy. Usually he won't tell me what he had a nightmare about. He was able to tell me this time though. It was about dinosaurs taking over the world. Big Tyrannosaurus Rex's roaming the neighborhood would be enough to scare anyone. The time before that, it was zombies chasing him. What goes on in a little man's subconscious to give him such dreams?
Selfishly, I kind of like it. I know, it's terrible. I certainly don't want him to be scared or have nightmares, but I relish being able to help him calm down when he little man body shivers. I love being able to provide him a feeling of safety. I love being able to hold him and have him fall asleep between his dad and I. He always sleeps late when he comes to bed with us. Usually he's awake before 7 on his own, but when he's with us, he sleeps on while Michael gets ready for work. How long will we have moments like that?
I'm on the computer more then I'd like. I'll be on even more when K12 gets underway because it has a lot of lessons online. There's always something to print, a schedule to look at, etc. etc. Xander is usually very patient with me, but sometimes he needs his Mom's attention. Occasionally, he'll get loud and call, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" without even taking a breath to give me a chance to answer. I'm glad that doesn't happen often. My favorite is when he comes up to me and puts his hand on top of mine covering the mouse. And then he takes the chair and turns it until I face him and he puts his head on my knees. So I scoop him up and hold him to my chest, smelling his short blonde hair and reveling in the miracle that is Xander. Another moment I wish would never end.
It was cold this morning. When Timmy woke up next to me, he lifted up the shade and through the cracked open window announced that he smelled snow. He was disappointed that the ground wasn't covered in white. It sure did smell like snow. My flowers looked sad, so Tim offered to water them. My petunias and snap dragons are not long for this world because there was frost on the watering can.
The kids love it when winter comes. All I can think about is slippery roads, money for winter coats, boots and gloves, and heating fuel and keeping everyone occupied when it's too cold to be outside. I'd rather think about how fluffy snowflakes taste and the crunching sound snow makes under boots. How about you?
posted by Terri at
8/31/2007 11:24:00 AM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home