::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Nothing New... ________________________________________________________________
The most exciting things going on in my life right now are plans for school starting (I'm totally freaking out about trying to find the right curriculum for everyone and their individual learning styles even more then usual), reading a new book with Riley, reviewing a new ebook, still trying to get over this stupid cold and... yeah, that about sums it up.

I've been reading this book in preparation for school, and it's really eye opening. Emily is not a big fan of school. Riley endures it, Maggie endures it but is a tad behind in reading, Tim thrives, and Emily doesn't like it at all. This is not good. I'm their teacher. If I can't teach them to enjoy learning, then that is the worst thing ever. Almost as bad as turning out children who can't think for themselves. It would be the ultimate failure. Hopefully, the book will help. I feel very optimistic!

So if I don't get over this cold soon, Michael is going to rip up our carpet. I'm really allergic to mold and dust and no matter how often we clean our carpet, it looks and feels unfresh (for lack of a better word) about a week later. It's old. And seems to retain humidity. The previous owners had a carpet shampooer and two dogs and cleaned the carpet frequently with laundry soap. Not good. The laundry soap seems to attract dirt. It makes sense to get rid of what is probably a trigger for my constant, chronic, relentless colds and whatnot. But I'm kind of prideful. Our house is old and wasn't always treated with TLC. It is held together with bubblegum and twine. The walls have dark paneling that the previous owners painted over in many coats of white paint. The result is chipped paint and dings and spots where the paint has worn off when I clean too hard. I have 5 children so this actually takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. Taking the carpet out would leave us with sub flooring in who knows what condition and our house would look all the more ghetto. And crappy. Er. My health is more important, right? Good thing love is what makes a home because Better Home and Garden would send a wrecking ball.

posted by Terri at 8/13/2007 05:50:00 PM >4 comments

4 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS