A Gorgeous Day at the Lake
________________________________________________________________
Saturday, Michael cajoled me into going to the lake with them. I was feeling crummy and the thought of an afternoon home, alone, with nothing to do but read and hydrate sounded lovely. But it very well could be the last weekend of summer, so off I went to enjoy the kids enjoy themselves! Summer is about over in Alaska. Sad but true. As you could see, we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!
Michael's sister left her kids with his parents, and that was rather unexpected. Not that it matters really, but they are kind of attention starved. The 12 year old followed Michael around like a shadow all day. The youngest is just a couple days older then Xander and it was so cool to see them play together. They followed each other around all over the place. Xander would play with cars. Ian would follow. Ian would go to the beach and dig in the sand, Xander would come along. Too cute! I took a million pictures of them, and here are a few. Xander is the one with the short hair, in case you didn't know!
Ian had a bite mark on his arm, and it puzzled me all day. Finally, I asked his older brother (Michael's shadow) and he said he bit him. I thought he meant that Ian bit himself, but no. He explained that the baby bit him, and he bit him back. Apparently to show him how it feels or something. That's how they handle things. Michael's sister's parenting logic is interesting sometimes. And that's all I'm going to write about that. I'm keeping my thoughts to myself!
Michael's dad was in rare form Saturday. He played with the kids in the water. And after dinner, we brought stuff for Smores and Michael was just going to use the coals from the charcoal grill, but my FIL wouldn't hear of it. He wanted to build a fire in the fire pit on the beach.
Maggie and Emily tried their hand at roasting their own marshmallows, but Daddy came to the rescue and toasted them juuust right! Nice crocodile tears over the cremated mallows, though!
I took way too many pictures of Xander eating his first Smore by himself. I was fascinated by the way he licked the chocolate off his fingers and pulled at the melted marshmallow.
My FIL even gave everyone a turn in the big tire swing. That's a rare occurrence these days, and it made it all the more special to the kids. That tiny dot in the swing is Timmy. He was a little freaked out at first when he went that high, and then he loved it. He's such a daredevil.
Emily went as high as Timmy, but she was a lot more vocal about it. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't come running to see who was being tortured! My FIL wasn't used to Emily screaming with pleasure/fear. He thought she was just mild mannered. Well, she let out her banshee! I wonder if he'll push her on the swing ever again? Hahaha!
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home