Birthday Plans Adjusted...Maybe
________________________________________________________________
So last night I asked Michael what kind of cake I should bake for Xander since Timothy wants a chocolate chocolate chocolate cake (he's a boy after my own heart). Michael said, "I thought you were just going to make one cake and they were going to share it." I inwardly pout. I know he's right. I should take advantage of the fact that Tim doesn't mind sharing and Xander's too young to know better. It would save me so much work! Work I enjoy though.
I hope Michael doesn't expect me to be able to hold off Timothy from his box full of lovely presents his Grammy sent until Saturday. He's doing a good job only asking about them a couple times a day as it is, and he's only begged to "open just one" twice so far. I think it would be cruel and unusual punishment not to give him a few presents ON his day.
Since my Mom was so generous with the boys, I'm at a loss on the present buying front myself. It seems like Tim is always bored and looking for something to do. He's getting over Hot Wheels and is starting to want Lego's again. But we've done Lego's and they get lost and then he doesn't have enough to build with and he's bored all over again. The worst is now Lego's has these huge Star Wars things that he wants but you can't really build anything else with them and if you lose a piece that's it, dude. And lets face it. Stuff gets lost around here. Oh, everyone had good intentions of putting things away exactly where they belong but kaka happens. So if anyone has any ideas of what can keep a clever 7 year old boy busy for an afternoon that doesn't involve electricity, I'd be forever grateful! (Grammy got him video games he wanted and he plays too much as it is!)
My MIL called yesterday and asked if the boys would like a toy bench. She found one at a garage sale and wanted to know which boy would like it for their birthday or if she could give it to both of them. I told her the boys would be just tickled pink for a big box they can sit on and stick toys in! I think she even believed me. It IS the thought that counts. At least she actually got them something this year. That is nice.
I'm thinking Xander just might get a lovely carrot cake for his birthday. He enjoyed it for his first birthday. And I think everyone should have their very own cake on their very own birthday. Sorry honey! I know you're trying to save me work, but you know how I love to bake!
Today is Emily's turn for her eye appointment. Afterwards, she wants to go see Harry and the Order of the Phoenix at the movies (again). Probably because Daddy took Timmy (call me Timothy) to a movie the other day. (The male bonding was very successful!) I think I might have to play hooky and take her. But then Maggie will want to go see a movie sometime soon alone too and I put my foot down at seeing that Bratz movie! No way, no how. Soorreeeee. Not only does it look awful, but I can't get that song "Boyfriend" out of my noggin!
posted by Terri at
8/01/2007 11:03:00 AM>7 comments
7 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home