Timmy's Nightmares
________________________________________________________________
Timmy has been having nightmares. Every morning around 4 or 5 he knocks on the bedroom door after having bad dreams. Sometimes, he can't get back to sleep. Last night, while I had the girls at the B&N Dumbleydore's Army meeting, Michael really had a long talk with him about it. They really seemed to bond quite a bit. Michael and Timmy sometimes have trouble. My son is stubborn, head strong and sharp as a tack. Just like his father. (I'll only admit to being stubborn and head strong, so I think Timmy got a double dose.) He may look more like my side of the family, but he really takes after his Dad in so many ways! Being that they are so alike, they tend to rub one another the wrong way. But last night changed that. Timmy knocked on the door with a really bad dream last night, but he took his dad's advice and tried all the things he suggested, so that made his Dad proud. What made me proud was that Timmy wanted to get in bed between us, not just on my side. He wanted his Dad to comfort him too. And when he had trouble getting to sleep, Michael wrapped his arm around him and held him close and Tim didn't pull away saying he only wanted me. He snuggled right in and slept until Michael got up for work. I'll cherish the memory of that. Although I feel horrible that Tim keeps having bad dreams. He's got such a great imagination! And I think this time, it's working against him.
Michael was busy with the boys last night. He bribed Tim a bit with a frosty at Wendy's because he wanted to come to the meeting and I wanted the boys to have time to do boy things. And the girls missed our girls night out. After the boys got home, Michael gave them both haircuts. Xander is a fuzz head again! His silky baby hair is gone forever. After shaving it down so short, it looks terrible as it grows out with all his cowlicks. *sigh* I miss his babyhood so much! Timmy looks good with his "soldier haircut" and it brings out his bright eyes.
When we got home late (those meetings run later and later as the Potter discussions grow more intense), Xander was still awake and he suggested I go give him some kisses. I love to anyway, and I thought it was sweet that he encouraged me too. But I didn't notice what he wanted me to because it was so dark! Maggie came up to give baby kisses too and told me that Daddy gave him a hair cut. I asked Xander if he liked it and he felt his head and said, "Yes! Hair gone!".
posted by Terri at
7/18/2007 05:59:00 PM>2 comments
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home