Magical Midnight Party
________________________________________________________________
Tim has another nightmare last night. Poor guy. He's tried all our advice from pretending he has a remote control and can change the channel in his dream to thinking happy sweet thoughts before going to sleep. I know it will pass and he'll grow out of it, I just feel so badly for him. He's scared to go to sleep at night until Daddy talks with him and jokes and joshes with him until his mind is at ease.
He's made some friends with some little boys at a home daycare next door. It's run by some lovely people and they invited Timmy to come along to the park with them today. He's been literally gone since breakfast. I know he's having fun, but I miss him! Even when he's whining about having nothing to do!
Speaking of which, his birthday is coming up on the 3rd. I have no idea what to get him... Grammy is taking care of all the fun stuff like computer games and such. Star Wars Lego game for the computer has been a huge hit. I have to thank Christopias for that idea. I figured if he loved it, Tim would too! Heh.
But I want to get him actual toys he will play with. I'm trying to keep him off the computer. He's not interested much in his Hot Wheels collection and tracks anymore. He loses his Lego's (and I worry about them with Xander anyway) but he keeps asking about some Star Wars Legos. Which is so awful! Not only are they really expensive but I feel it takes away imagination because you can only build the one ship or whatever. And if you lose a piece, that's it. He seems to just enjoy big empty boxes and breaking rocks apart these days. Jeez. Okay all you people with access to 7 year olds! Help me out here! My boy needs to be kept busy! For the sake of all our sanity!
So tomorrow night is the big Magical Midnight Party for the release of that book about the boy wizard. Riley is one of the volunteers and she's so thrilled about it because when she's 16, she wants to work about Barnes and Noble. This is like a practice run for her. And she gets to be one of the first in line to get her hands on the new book!
The kids are all excited about the costume contest. Maggie and Emily were fighting over being Luna, but I got the bright idea of suggesting Tonks. So now I'm going to attempt to make radish earrings for Maggie tonight and a butter beer cork necklace. I'm going to make Emily a pig nose and we're going to color her hair purplish pink. Riley has a pretty gothic dress and she's just going as a witch. Tim is getting a pair of black glasses and I'm going to paint a scar on his forehead. Then I'm going to dress him in Riley's jeans and a sweatshirt like he's wearing Dudley's hand me downs. We're trying to talk Michael into being Hagrid. No moleskin coats are handy, so I was thinking of getting a "My Name Is" sticker and writing Hagrid on it. Heh. As for Xander and I? We're going as Muggles. I don't have the energy for anything else while I'm worried about getting the kids situated. The girls of course want black robes and wands and the whole thing. I wish I could, but I hope these little details will be fun enough and they will have a good time and not be too disappointed over what I can't give them.
I don't know if I'll last until midnight. Riley needs to be at the store by 5:30, so it's going to be one loooooong night for the kiddoes! I think Michael errr... Hagrid will end up taking the youngest ones home.
I plan on taking a ton of pictures! It's going to be so fun. History in the making, really! I can't believe it's the last book. We're all going to be busy reading this weekend, I'm telling ya that much!
posted by Terri at
7/19/2007 01:58:00 PM>3 comments
3 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home