|
|
Happy Independence Day!
________________________________________________________________
 One of my flower pots that I love so much! I sit right beside it to do my reading. It's usually a bit shadier there, and it's so pretty beside the petunias! Don't look to closely at my Alaskan yard... Not much grass, but quite a few weeds. Ah well. We'd only have grass for two or three months out of the year anyway...
Last night was fun at *Dumbledore's Army (*Harry Potter book club at Barnes and Noble). We tested out games they are going to play for the big Midnight Party. Riley is volunteering to help out, and the girls are planning their costumes. I really hope Emily still wants to be Luna because I've got some radish earrings planned! It's going to be so fun!
Last night the van over heated on the way home. I called Michael and he just got the boys to bed, so he talked me through putting water in it and all the little idiosyncrasies about what it entails because I didn't want him to have to get them up. I was afraid I wouldn't make it to the gas station, so I pulled over at this bar where I know the owners. There were only a couple of cars out front, and I parked far away. I took my pitcher of water in and headed for the rest room when the bouncer accosted me.
"Hey baby, are you coming in here? You'll make my night."
"Uh. No. My car is over heating and I need some water. Is the bathroom through here?"
"Yeah, right behind me. You should stay! You'll have the time of your life. I'll make sure of it."
"Uh... No."
"Tickets are $15.00, but I'll pay for your ticket myself. I'll keep you right here by me and you can keep me company all night."
"Heh. I don't think so, buddy."
"Hey, come back! So I can watch you leave again!"
Ew. What's a nice looking man like that being so smarmy for? I'm not used to that kind of attention from men anymore and it made me really uncomfortable.
I head over to the van and pop the hood, trying not to burn my hand on the radiator cap and he came out to watch me. I look over at him and he grins at me.
"A gentlemen would help a lady in distress, you know."
"Oh, I was hoping you couldn't fix it and you'd need me to take you home. You don't look distressed. You look fiiiine."
"I have three of my kids in the car!"
"Well, you can stay in here with me and we'll get to know each other, and then I'll take you all home."
"Hunh, look at that! The temp gage went down. My husband won't need to help us after all. BYE!" And I book out of there and head over to the gas station. Weirdo! My skirt was to my knees. My shirt wasn't too awful tight. What the heck? I don't get it.
Then Michael told me they were having a "show" there that night. Probably male dancers or something, and the bouncer was hoping for excited women and I could have been wearing a potato sack and he still would have been smarmy. EW! And, hey! Wait a minute... I'm not so sure I was just complimented by my husband! In fact, I think I got my feelings hurt just a little bit. Yeah, actually I did. I may have even pouted for a while.
I'm better now. He didn't mean it like I took it. And it's funny how things don't seem nearly as bad the next morning. And shhhh. Don't tell him, but I think I might be a little sensitive at this time of the month if you know what I mean.
We were hoping to go to the lake today. It's so hot! But my SIL is supposed to be going to be there with her boys. I really want to avoid any drama. Her husband just got in trouble with the law. Something about a party where they were camping and drinking and someone brought underage kids and his gun went missing from his tent and one of them started shooting in the air. I don't know. It's always something. And I'd rather not be around for any more somethings! It's never their fault. They are always set up. The cops were cruel and over zealous. And I'm a snob for not wanting their influence on my kids... Oh, well! I'm only sorry the kids are going to miss out on the lake during the holiday!
posted by Terri at
7/04/2007 03:52:00 PM

|
|
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home