First of Many?
________________________________________________________________
Today is the first Sunday in a very long time where I didn't manage to get a massive case of "The Blah's". The Blah's are when I don't feel like doing anything. Nothing sounds fun. Nothing brings joy. I can usually make myself go to church, especially if it's my week to do nursery duty and the rest of it seems like just too much to deal with. Reading is blah. Cooking, blah. Playing with the kids. Blah. I don't feel like doing a darn thing. You get the idea.
Today, I didn't feel that way! Michael and I woke up late, enjoyed our morning a little too much (heh) and I was too vain to try and get ready for church in time so he took the kids. I chatted with my mom online (waves hello at Mom), got dressed, made the bed, had a bowl of Cheerios and a mug of hot water with lemon. Put in a load of laundry, took my book outside with a bottle of water and waited for the family to come home. No blah's. They came home. Still no blah's! I made lunch. Still good. Kids went out to play. Still good. Decided to read some more. Went to bed to read, not to hide per my usual behavior, but because it was cooler in there. Got to a point where I could not put the book down if you paid me. Finished the book. Blogged in my book blog about the book, which was excellent. Still good! No blah's in sight!
Now I still don't feel like doing more laundry. I can't really muster up the gusto to finish cleaning the kitchen, but I did turn on the self cleaning oven while the kids were gone so they wouldn't breathe in the fumes. That's got to count for something and I think I can manage cooking tonight without too much trouble.
I'll be darned. I think this Zoloft stuff could actually be working.
I was hoping to feel a bit (okay, a LOT) more motivated then I'm feeling, but right now I'll take a Sunday without The Blah's!
posted by Terri at
7/01/2007 05:06:00 PM>9 comments
9 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home