Dumbley-dore's Army
________________________________________________________________
This morning (early!) we took the kids to see the new movie about the boy with the scar on his head where they are all wizards and stuff. That should keep the Googler's out of here. Maybe...
Anyhoodle, it was AWESOME! It really captured the spirit of the books that I thought the last two movies didn't even come close to. We had such a great time, and Michael even played hooky and went with us. I won't bore you with my geekiness about the books, because believe me, I could bore you!
I thought it was hilarious because there were a lot of old people there with walkers, and canes complaining about all the kids because they wanted it quiet. Well who talked all through the movie? The old people sitting behind us. Cracked me up... And what did they do after the movie? Complain about all the kids yakking through the movie. My kids were too enthralled to make a peep. Even Mr. Tim Wiggle Worm was quiet. Except the time he asked for more candy. Hah.
So The Boy is back in town. He's not keeping a low profile either, which ticks me off when I let it. But I just decided I have to let it go and give it to God and let Him handle it for me. It's not always easy though. But at least I'm not sitting on the porch guarding the front door with my imaginary AK47 like I was last summer. The lack of communcation with his parents troubles me, but that's something else that is out of my hands. I can't control other people. No matter how much I want to. Oooo, do I want to! Some people just don't think and don't seem to care about others. It boggles my mind! Times like this can be a real test of faith, but I have more peace. So far, so good.
Maggie isn't mopey like she was. She seems to have more peace too and best of all she's a lot more expressive about her feelings. We seemed to have turned a corner there, and I really hope his presence doesn't have a bad affect on her. Puberty setting in makes her grouchy sometimes, but she's talking about it! So far, so good.
posted by Terri at
7/11/2007 09:02:00 PM>2 comments
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home