::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


What's My Damage? ________________________________________________________________
Lately whenever I've been typing in Blogger, I end up typing Blooger. Hello! Fingers! Wake up!

I made a special trip after church to find basil. I've been wanting to make a new recipe for Lemon Poppy Chicken for weeks, but I've needed fresh basil for the couscous. I've never made couscous, so I thought I better not tweak anything in my recipe yet. Every time I went to Fred Meyer, they were out. Every. Freaking. Time. Today I went to Safeway. They had a giant bag of the stuff! And their produce was lovely! They even had tomatillo's which I needed for a recipe but didn't think we could get any up here. Cool.

Now I have to cook it. I am so uninspired to cook. Cooking is where I get my groove on. It's how I relax. It's how I recharge. I love trying new recipes. I'm so not in the mood to cook Lemon Poppy Chicken. After weeks. I finally have everything. And I can't manage to even get my butt out of this chair to even defrost the chicken. It's nearly 4:30. Crap.

I don't feel like reading either. I've got a really good book by one of my favorite authors. I love the book. I just don't feel like reading. Me. I don't feel like reading. Reading is like breathing to me. I bring a book everywhere. I love the summer time because I use my big Marilyn purse and I can drop anything in it. Usually a big ass book. And I can stop anywhere when I have a spare moment and read in the park. I don't feel like it.

What the hell? My two favorite things.

Now if I say I don't want a frappuccino, you can call the men with the white coats because I've clearly gone completely insane.

I thought being done with those doggone pillowcases (that I really, really enjoyed doing) would make me want to read or cook again. Nope. They seemed to give me temporary purpose. Keyword temporary.

I think I need to talk to my doctor about depression, but I don't wanna. I can't even get my butt out of this chair. How am I going to go to the doctor and talk about being depressed? I'm too depressed!

Riley did such a great job babysitting for the neighbors, he wants her every week. And on weekends. Um. Dude. I need her! But it will give Maggie an opportunity to step up a little and I think she wants to. But she's been under big sisters shadow.

I'm thinking about opening a savings and possibly a checking account for Riley. Maybe a debit card. We've always had a hard time with money. Lack of income. Lack of budgeting. Whatever. But I had a talk with Riley, and we decided she's going to save 50% of what she makes, spend 40% and give 10% to charity. She really wants to just blow some money on books and Coldstone ice cream and bling for her cellphone Grammy gave her. I don't blame her. She's never had a lot of money at one time to play with. So just this once, she's going to just have fun. But this is the only time in her life she's going to be able to save half of what she makes and in a few years she's really going to appreciate it! And I think having a checking account will teach her a lot. I'm not sure how Daddy feels about that part, but he did think we should open a savings account for her. She's going to be making between $50-100 a week. Ah to be a teenager and have few responsibilities and some income! Those were the days!

posted by Terri at 6/10/2007 04:21:00 PM >6 comments

6 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS