::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


The Van Seat Fairy! ________________________________________________________________
I totally scored today! I went to Michael's (the store, not my husband) and found some lovely pink and brown polka dot ribbon to decorate the basket. And I also found some lovely pillowcases I'm going to embroider that say "his" and "hers" on them. I'm really thrilled. By my fingers better fly because I have to have them stitched by Saturday! Yay! I get to give the newlywed's something!

Riley's been popping down to the mailbox every couple hours just in case the mail lady was late delivering her cell phone. Poor girl. But she's driving me batty tracking it online and hoping the USPS is going to make an extra trip just for her phone.

Michael put off cleaning out the garage on Saturday because the kids were enjoying the out of doors so much. What a thoughtful daddy he is! He didn't feel like doing it on Sunday either, but he did. I was so proud of him. Because it would have been so much easier to play around on his computer all day.

And because he was so wonderful and did something instead of being lazy, he was greatly rewarded! When he went to the dump and gave away some of Grama's old clothes that didn't sell at last year's garage sale, a seat for our van was sitting in the reuse area. Just SITTING there. Maggie came in to tell me what they found and I almost fell out of my chair.

About two and a half years ago, we stored one of the captain's style seats from the van in a shed at Michael's office. The owner was storing some of our things there, and it was no problem. Well, when we went to put the seat back in when Xander was born, it had disappeared. His handyman thew it away. THREW it away! Like a dummy I thought we could just order one from the manufacterer. Oh, no. We called every salvage yard from here to Botswana. We found one once in Arkansas. They lost it. We found another one, but it was for a different van. No one could find one. Riley was sitting on the floor, which was highly illegal. Or we'd squish her in the back seat in between the other three kids which was also highly illegal, but what other choice did we have? Fortunately, (or unfortunately as I see it) we rarely went anywhere all together so church once a week or when my Mom visits were the only time I really felt it. I was so upset about it! The owner was going to buy us one, we just couldn't find one.

But yesterday, there is sat. It wasn't a captain's chair, it was a bench style. And it was fabric, not gray leather, but we care not! There was a hole in the front, but so what! That's what duct tape is for. Heh. We all fit! We're all legal! I'm SO happy! Like frappuccino happy! Yes, Virginia. There IS a van seat fairy!

Of course now everyone fights over who gets to sit next to Xander.

posted by Terri at 6/04/2007 04:22:00 PM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS