Riley's First "Job" and Reunions Stink
________________________________________________________________
My new diary reading habits are thus. Log into D-land. Wait 5-10 minutes while my buddy page loads. Open another window and go to my bookmarks where I read all the diaries that have moved to other places. After reading a few, my buddy list has finally loaded at D-land and I read a few from there. I do miss having all my diary needs in one place, but having them all in a little bookmark folder isn’t so bad. And it’s much faster. And no one is charging me to post pictures. Or comments. Or for better nonexistent response to customer service questions.
Speaking of pictures… I can’t post any! Because my camera has officially died. I’m very sad. Xander was really cute in the tub today, but I can’t share it with you. And Maggie looked really pretty this morning with her long blonde hair in the sun, but I can’t share that with you either! And her birthday is coming up in a few short weeks and I won’t be able to share that with you! ACK! I don’t want to spend the money I would be spending on her b’day for a camera. You’re only ten once, and things are tight enough that it’s just going to have to wait. I’m hoping my *gulp* inlaws might be at the lake and they will take pictures.
Sadly enough though, the lake is still frozen. We’ve had nice weather in the 70’s, but the middle of the lake is still stiff with ice. Even if it thaws in time, it’s going to be some really cold water for Maggie’s day. And I have no idea what the inlaws are even up to these days. What their plans are or anything, and I hate to call them and get them riled up. But FIL’s b’day is in a few days and he asked Maggie to make him a cake last year, and she’s already planning on what she’s going to need to bake one. I hope he remembers.
Riley has a summer babysitting job. The neighbors want her from 8-5 two days a week and he said he’d pay her $10.00 an hour. How can people afford to pay that?! I guess it’s still cheaper then day care. She practiced getting up at 7:30 this morning. She went to bed a little early and everything only to head downstairs around 9:00. Tomorrow, I’m very sure that the anticipation of earning $80.00 will make her get up and out. I’m glad I live right around the corner and I’ll be here for her. That’s a lot of hours to watch 3 kids that you aren’t related to. I’m really proud of her though, because our neighbor is giving her first dibs. There are 3 other teenage girls around, but they want Riley first. She has an eye appointment today that she really needs, or she’d be earning her first bucks today!
I found the website for Michael’s 20th high school reunion. A friend of a friend mentioned that a picture of him and some other kids were on the homepage and sure enough, there his is in all his teenage handsomeness. I sent him the link and he’s spent all morning being a little depressed by it. He didn’t graduate from college and become a doctor to under privileged children in Uganda. He didn’t even move away from his home town and whatever other thoughts that are running through his mind. All he can see is that he doesn’t have enough money in the bank and that he’s gained weight and has no concrete achievements that look good on a bio on a high school reunion website. I wish I could help him to see what he really has. That I love him more then any wife could love her husband. That he has 5 children who think he’s a hero. He has a radio show that affects our local community (and dare I say our country) on a daily basis. He may be older. He may be grayer. He may weigh more then he wants to. But he is more important to his family then the air we breathe. I hate reunions.
posted by Terri at
6/04/2007 10:52:00 AM>1 comments
1 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home