No TV is Good TV?
________________________________________________________________
Our TV is really busted now. It happened last week. Thursday or Friday. And somehow, the kids are surviving! We have a little one for emergencies like Max and Ruby or Hannah Montana but it is very little and the top 1/4 of the screen is wavy lines. It's really annoying to try and watch much of anything substantial. No DVD's. No XBox. The TV lacks the proper hookups. I do kind of miss watching movies, the rare times we did. Riley and I liked to watch TV shows on DVD at night. The first season of Lost was our current favorite. We sit and read together now. Which is nice, and probably much better for our brains, but we talk less. I don't like that we talk less. We both get too engrossed in what we're reading.
Michael is trying to get one traded. Or this one fixed. But he's enjoying the quiet I think and has no motivation! Mr. Surround Sound Reformed!
Michael and I sat outside late Sunday night. I went out to read, and he followed me. I like it when he follows me. We just sat together and talked about things we wanted to do to make the yard nicer and about life in general. He thinks it was because we didn't have the TV to distract us, but it was really my perfume that made him follow me outside. *wink* Okay, maybe not. I loved just sitting outside with him. He puttered around a lot in the garage this weekend, and I loved that too. It reminded me of my grandfather. Xander would wander in after his daddy and he'd come out with a grease mark on his face placed there to see if they could get a rise out of me.
Today my oldest son is having issues with "having nothing to do". Maggie and Emily are all playing together with the neighbor girls. Then it started to rain. So Timmy's inside in full on whine mode. In the winter months, he can think of things to entertain himself. He'll sit for hours with action figures. In the summer, if he doesn't have anyone to play with, he can't think of a single thing he wants to do. His toys hold no interest. We even did some math this morning, but that only took up about a half hour. I'm about to send him back outside to count raindrops! Riley (bless her heart!) got home early from babysitting and is doing card tricks for him.
So far, the Zoloft isn't really kicking in. I just started taking my full dose today though. So one more week and I'll know. The Boy comes "home" for his summer visit in a few days, and I'll need all the help I can get.
I'm oddly relaxed about that situation this year. I've decided to completely give it over to God and let Him deal with it for a while. Heh. I sure wasn't dealing very well with it. I thought I had done that already, but I hadn't. Not really. This year and a half has been a real test of faith for me, and I think I might finally have a handle on it.
Maggie seems to be doing really well over the past few months. No more blue moments where something is wrong but she can't tell me what. She seems pretty happy go lucky all the time. I hope it lasts.
posted by Terri at
6/26/2007 03:08:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home