The Neighborhood Roots for Timmy
________________________________________________________________
I planted my flowers today. I loved it! I still can't get all the dirt out from under my nails and I hate that, but love playing in the dirt. The irony isn't lost on me. I was in the middle of having a really bizarre crying jag that came out of nowhere, and the flowers were just what I needed.
While I was planting flowers in Michael's old shirt, dirt all over me and my hair crazy, glasses askew and naked faced, our neighbor dude rides up on his 4 wheeler to chat. I hate looking like crap during a neighbor chat, and I feel at a distinct disadvantage but oh well. He's working at home this summer and was planning on going to get some stuff for the kids to do. Volleyball nets, some balls and the like, and wondered what sports my kids like to play. Pretty darn nice. I wish we could do stuff like that, but money just won't allow. So we're chatting away and he tells me that he took an hour to play baseball with the kids. He said Tim did a good job, but that the whole neighborhood is rooting for Timmy. Rooting for his voice to change soon! I laughed so hard. I adore my son more then anything. But he has a high squeaky voice and is pretty loud. He has a big booming voice like his dad that really carries, only it's not deep and sexy yet. It's higher then his sisters when he gets wound up. And he's very passionate so even when playing pretend games, he gets loud and squeals. I usually come running because I think he hurt himself, but he's just squeaky. He's outside all the time in the summer and if the windows are open, I can hear him all over the cul de sac. The neighbors aren't the only ones waiting for his voice to deepen! I just didn't realize that it was what he was known for! He's going to be seven this August. I think we've got a looooong time to wait.
posted by Terri at
6/01/2007 05:32:00 PM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home