|
|
Misc. Doo Dads
________________________________________________________________
Went to the doctor today. She told me I was silly for fighting depression for so long. When I stopped enjoying things that always made me happy, that was a red flag. When I'd burst into tears while feeling perfectly happy in life, that was about 3 red flags. So like my mother and grandmother before me, I'm a soon to be happy Zoloft consumer for the next year before weaning myself off. I feel like a weight has been lifted, I must say. I asked about all the other medications out there, but she said these things are often genetic, and if my family has taken Zoloft, then chances are good it will help me too. Although I don't know how much it really helped my grandmother, or my mother lately for that matter! I'm looking forward to feeling a lot better in about two weeks. Fingers crossed!
So after my purging about my in-laws, I felt like a big fat hypocrite because I didn't even call my Dad on Father's Day. Granted, if anyone reads my Mom's blog, you'd probably understand why. But it really hit me about the time I was looking through that Dangerous Book For Boys book and the Ten Commandments was in there. I read it aloud to the kids and we discussed what each meant and then the "honor thy mother and father" bit was in there and I felt like a schmuck, but it was too late to call. So I wrote him an E-mail today. Yo, Mom. Print it out for the ol' fart, wouldja? He is my Dad after all, even if he can be Captain A-hole too!
Speaking of The Dangerous Book for Boys... Again. I swear, that has got to be the coolest book in the universe and I can't stop talking about it. I only wish I got royalties! Anyhoo... I was at Barnes and Noble Friday doing my Maggie b'day shopping when I noticed two lesbians shopping. Whatever. Cool for them. Then I noticed them looking at The Dangerous Book for Boys and giggling. I found this paradoxical if not down right hilarious!
So the last couple days, we've been running into folks who listen to Michael's show and had to stop and say hi. Or tell him how smart he is, and where does he find the time to read up on every subject in the world to be so well versed. Heh. I think it's pretty cool. And he'll never admit it, but so does he. Somehow, his head still remains the same size too! It's amazing!
He started a blog, and one of the entries talked about the Superintendent of Schools and how she has started to give kids who haven't graduated a certificate of completion so they can still participate in the graduation ceremony and not feel like they are left out because they didn't do the work it took to get their diploma. What a crock! Yesterday we ran into a friend of a friend who is a teacher and a little more to the left of the dial. Michael figured he was going to let him have it with both guns, but imagine his surprise when he totally agreed with him and said he loved his show. Usually teachers aren't in love with him, but I think most teachers who really listen to what Michael says realize that he loves teachers, it's the administration he's not in love with. And he wishes the administration would support teachers more.
Today I picked up my brand spankin' new prescription and the pharmacist asked me if Michael was ever wrong. And how amazing it is that he knows so much about so many things! I told him, as the good wife I strive to be, that indeed, he is hardly ever wrong but when he is, he's the first to admit it. And that's the God's honest truth. People don't generally know who I am or come up to me about Michael or his show, but I liked it. I think he should be appreciated. What a bizarre theme with people telling Michael and I how smart he is over the weekend. And how nice that I can happily agree with them!
And you know, he deserves it! He works for hours at a time researching issues for his show. Yes, this generally entails hours surfing the net, but I consider it research. And yet he gets paid $12 an hour for his 2 hour drive time show. Only for the time he's on the air. It's nuts. I think it's insulting even. But I'm a proud wife and hardly unbiased. I'm glad he gets kudos from people because it's hardly a job that pays. I don't mean to go on and on about him... It was just really on my heart this evening.
When the radio station moved to their new building downtown, management wouldn't let him use his small refrigerator in the sales office, because they had a full size one upstairs in the kitchen. So his fridge sat outside with a big sticker on it with the name of his show taking up the entire door. He noticed a while back that the fridge is no longer there. He asked around and no one at the station admits to taking it. I was trying to talk him into sneaking it in while the boss is in Hawaii, but now it's gone! I'm starting to think that either a fan took it thinking it was limited edition promotional thing, or someone who hates his show took it in spite. Heh. We'll find it with it's door ripped off and bullet holes in it I'm sure!
I think I'm being plagued by that song by *Pink, Just U and UR Hand. Is that the name of it? Ugh. I don't often listen to regular radio anymore. I either listen to talk radio, or KLOVE. But every once in a while, I get a hankering to hear what's going on in the world of secular music since my DJ days. Yesterday, that Pink song came on one station. I used to kind of like Pink. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. It's a closely guarded secret! I haven't really cared for her since her *Missundaztood though. I listened to the lyrics and was kind of shocked and disgusted. But there ya go. I turned on the radio again today, searching for a good song. Just U and UR hand was on three stations. Just as one song would end, I'd change stations, and then that song came on again. And so it went on for 20 minutes. It's been a couple hours. I just turned on the radio in the kitchen while I did the dishes. Just U and UR Hand was on again! Okay. Where's a good CD? STAT! I'd take The *Wiggles right now over this!
My Google Reader was acting up. Hardly any of my blogs showed up as updated. *pout* I love my Google Reader! I hope it doesn't fail me, because I think it's the coolest thing since Mudslide ice cream! Thanks, Blue Sleepy for enlightening me about RSS feeds!
posted by Terri at
6/18/2007 04:50:00 PM

|
|
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home