::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Maggie's Approaching Birthday ________________________________________________________________
Okay, I pretty much decided I need to talk to the doctor about my apparent depression. It should be a wake up call when everything I used to so enjoy doing brings me no joy at all. I can't even force myself to do the things I like. Life is good. Life is basically pretty great. So what the hell is my problem? I know from past experience, this will probably pass. But it's really hard this time. Sucking it up is just really, really hard. So what do I tell my doctor? I'm really happy but I cry for no good reason? It's ridiculous! I have friends with real trauma in their lives. I have nothing to cry over. I should just make myself get over it. Bah! I feel so stupid. Which is usually what keeps me from talking to my doctor in the first place.

Okay, now that that's out of my system....

Maggie won some *Bertie Botts Every Flavor You Know What's at Barnes and Noble at the last book group meeting for that book about the boy with the lightening bolt scar on his head. You know the one. So she's been trying to trick people into eating the nasty ones. Booger. Dirt. Earthworm. Black pepper. She even managed to get the mystical vomit flavored one in this bag. When only the yucky flavors were left, and all her siblings realized this, she tried giving them to Xander. She'd give Xander earthworm, and he'd gobble it up and laugh. Then she gave him a dirt one and he enjoyed that one just as much. Lovely. Thank you Maggie for giving your brother a hankering for dirt and earthworms. Such a wonderfully developed palate he now has! That's okay. He's now eating the lemon I put in my hot water in the morning. He loves it. Silly boy.

But she got hers... Maggie tried to trick Riley into eating the vomit flavored bean. Riley told her "you first". Maggie can't back down from a dare. Really. In her book, Riley just told her she had to eat it. And eat it she did. And she's been scraping her tongue off ever since. EW! I really hope I can get Maggie to learn not to jump off bridges just because someone tells her to!

Speaking of my Maggie. She's going to be ten this Sunday. The big double digit. I'm not prepared for it yet. I'm waiting for that all important payday this Friday to get a few more gifts and cake ingredients. I'm also not prepared for her starting puberty. It's so soon! I started pretty early. I guess as early as she is... But Michael pointed out to me that she is about ready for a bra. Things are starting to move when she runs. And she has hairy armpits. And you can guess about the other things that might be hairy too. I really need to have a more detailed talk with her soon because I just know she's going to start her period any second. I think I was in the fourth grade. I'm not sure because it was pretty horrible and embarrassing and I managed to block it out pretty well. Heh. I bet it was all the milk she drinks. All those hormones from milk. AHHHH! It's all my fault one way or the other. Poor Maggie!

Riley's off to babysit this morning. They have been really impressed by her and haven't been afraid to tell her that. Thankfully, she's a modest kid and it doesn't go to her head. But I do have to pause at the fact that she does a little bit better job for other people then she does when she babysits at home, but I'll put up with her forgetting to put the leftovers away and loading the dishwasher because she's so loving (usually) to her siblings. Now the neighbors have asked her to babysit for a couple hours during the week and not just from 8-5 on Tuesday and on Saturday nights. A savings account is definitely in order. I've hated having money be so tight for so long because I can't get her the little things that she deserves. Sandi has given her lots of cool clothes that she no longer wears. So that's good. (It's so wonderful having a friend the same size as your oldest daughter! Hah!) I can get her fill of books for her through the charter school purchase order at Barnes and Noble. That makes her very happy. But it's got to be stinky to not to have money in your pocket for the little things like an energy drink here and there or music or whatnot. She's excited that now she will. She's such a great teenager. There's not a bratty or rebellious bone in her body. *knock on wood*

So I'm off to snuggle with Xander. He asked to watch Cars. He loves saying "ka-chow" and the way he says "cars" is so adorable. I can't really type it even phonetically and give you the jest of it. It's something like "cawws". The little ones are off at Vacation Bible School and Riley volunteers there, so she brought along her little charges. It's just me and Xander until noon baby! I get to snuggle him with no competition from the rest of the house that adores him. He's mine! All mine! Moowahaha! Because Maggie is so going to take over as soon as she gets home. She loves taking care of him. My little Mag Pie is growing up!

Labels: , ,


posted by Terri at 6/12/2007 09:05:00 AM >8 comments

8 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS