Hah hah! I didn't even rig it, I swear! I've always loved Marilyn...
I even carry this is the summer.
I really love my Marilyn purse. In fact I'm on my second one. It err... molts. I got it from my Friend's Clothing Store years ago. I get loads of compliments on it. Too bad Joanne won't carry purses like it any more because I send all kinds of people her way and they want my Marilyn purse too! I'm not greedy. I'd be more then happy for others to share in the beauty and convenience that is my black feathered Marilyn purse.
Unfortunately, it was sort of looking like an anemic black emu after a couple years and I knew it was time to hang it up. But Mom found another one for me online! Thank goodness! I still leave a feather or two where ever I go though. It's kind of like bread crumbs in case I get lost. Or it's a good way of people (my handsome husband) being able to find me when I wander the aisles at where? You guessed it. Barnes and Noble. Marilyn is starting to get a bit thinner on top and I haven't found a way to attach more feathers to it without it looking awful, or I would do major surgery. But it's still got quite a bit of life left in it yet.
Another thing I love so much about my purse, is that it goes so well with my shoes.
My Mom affectionately calls these my Herman Munster shoes. I wear them every single day in the summer, unless the polish on my toes needs re-doing. They go with everything and best of all, they make me ever so much taller. I have short issues, okay?! Okay?! I can't wear heels anymore (thank you to my five children!) but I can wear these, and wear them I do! It's like walking on a cloud! All those lovely inches of foam rubber or whatever they are made of. Lovely. Just lovely. Oh so comfortable!
These are also my second pair. The first pair I purchased for $11.00 at a Target store in Loveland, Colorado when I was visiting my friend, Kris. I think it was Loveland. I know it was in Colorado at least. I loved those shoes. They were so comfortable and fabulous to wear on the plane. And they made me taller. Did I mention they made me taller?
When Mom and I flew back to New York to bury Grama, my first Herman's had an accident. Mom and I went to visit Gram's grave and see other relatives and their graves (I was a lot more respectful then I'm sounding now, really!). It was horribly hilly. Miniature little humps and bumps all over. As I was walking around Great Grandma over to Grama, my ankle turned and my shoe broke. Mom and I always joke that Grama reached up out of her grave and twisted my shoe because she would have hated them.
I searched and searched for another pair of Herman's. Finally, I found a pair sort of like them at Zappos. Cue the hallelujah chorus, because to me, it was like the heaven's opened up just for me and my Herman shoes! We really were meant to be together! My lovely Mom ordered them for me for my birthday, and while they aren't quite as good as the first pair (Why is cheaper always better? Well, except for quality you could argue!), I adore them. They are like walking on air. And they make me taller. Did I mention that they make me taller?
posted by Terri at
6/19/2007 09:38:00 AM>8 comments
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home