::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Going to the Mooovies ________________________________________________________________
I don't know why some folks can see the pictures and some can't. Darnit! I'll have to ask my computer whiz husband about that... Trust me. Xander is adorable!

I took the kids to the free movie today. Our theater chain shows movies for free on Tuesday and Wednesday. We got there 20 minutes early, and it was still packed! Picture lots of day care center buses parked out front.

We were bad citizens and snuck candy and drinks in, but I bought popcorn. I sent Riley in with the kids, and they came out with too much candy but they shared very nicely. Even with Xander, which I did not approve of but the chocolate kisses were awfully sweet!

I get stressed to the max when I have to deal with too many people and crowded movie theaters are the worst. I get totally anxious. I don't know why. Maybe Zoloft will help that too! It wasn't so bad today though. The kids in the movie weren't misbehaved at all. No babies crying. No throwing popcorn. Just the sound of pleasant laughter during Garfield 2. I've seen the first Garfield movie enough with the kids for 10 people. I fell asleep the first time (I was pregnant and I always fall asleep at movies when I'm pregnant) and this one seemed no different. I planned on listening to a book on my MP3 player, but I enjoyed the Xander snuggles and I like to watch the kids enjoy themselves.

I have a secret confession. I don't like watching kid movies anymore. There! I finally said it! I feel like a total grinch or something, but I had to admit it. Shrek 3 was okay, but I would rather have gone grocery shopping. Yes, grocery shopping. Charlotte's Web was pretty sweet. I even cried. When I wasn't bored to tears. Jeez. That sounds like a lot of crying... The only kid movies I can tolerate lately are Pixar movies like Cars and The Incredibles.

Michael took me to see Waitress last weekend. We had been really looking forward to it because we love Nathan Fillion. Because we love Firefly. The movie was very sweet. It was a charming story and very well written. The only thing Michael and I had a hard time with was everyone was having an affair. And I do mean everyone! Except sweet Andy Griffith's character, but he probably had in the past! The main character was explained because her husband was horrible and abusive and she was dreadfully unhappy and tried to leave him but he would track her down. But it was very disappointing when the main character was having an affair with a married man who wanted to run away with her, but didn't have a good reason. His wife loved him, she seemed sweet and yet here he is carrying on... It kind of left a sad taste in my mouth over an otherwise perfectly wonderful little movie. But other then that, the aspects of the power of love, especially motherly love was just wonderful to watch. I took away so much heart from that movie It makes me want to go bake a pie!

posted by Terri at 6/27/2007 01:24:00 PM >1 comments

1 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS