|
|
Moving Blogs and Dying Appliances
________________________________________________________________
So I decided I’m moving from Diaryland. Seeya, Andrew. Wouldn’t want to be ya. I’ve been there for *years* and have never once had any help from the dude, even though I’ve been a gold or super gold member for most of those years. Now it’s just too darn slow. I don’t have the patience. Oh, I have plenty of patience for reading those diaries still there! Here. You know what I mean! But none left for posting. I’ll be here from now on and will be doing that neato little redirect thingie.
I saw a little Memorial Day feature on the *Rachael Ray Show yesterday and it made me sad. They interviewed kids asking them what Memorial Day meant to them, and no one knew. It was a day off from school for most of them. What? The teachers aren't or can't teach them why they have the day off? Especially when we're at war, Memorial Day should mean something, but I'm afraid it just doesn't anymore. No one puts out flags. It's all about cooking out and playing. Sorry, that was kind of depressing.
Memorial Day weekend was great. Friday night we had a great date. Michael scored trade to a different restaurant. Somewhere where no one knew us! It was too busy for anyone who did to stop and chat. The anonymousness (Is that a word? It is now.) of it was so nice, I can’t even tell you. I love the Steak House, but the owner sees us and plops down at our table and eats off our plates.
Oh, and Friday my washer finally died and Michael worked out a trade for a new used one. I was out with Riley for some Mom/Daughter time (At Barnes and Noble, where else? We had a fantastic time together. I have a great teenager.) when it was being replaced a day early! The old washer was going to cost more to repair then purchasing it brand new. Go figure. The new/quite old washer isn’t working out. I’ve been in a tizzy all weekend over it. Clothes are piling up to a very scary mountain. First it leaked. Michael fixed that. Then it wasn’t rinsing because there was detergent caked on the clothes. Tried a few things to no avail. And it makes this hellacious racket. There’s a loose plate or something.
There is literally a mountain of clothes in my living room. Why living room do you ask? I’m not sure. But in order to make room for the new washer, mounds of clothes needed to be moved. There are seven of us. Its summer time and children are getting extra dirty. It was piling up before the Laundromat incident of 2007. Michael thought this would be a great time to clean out his closet and hampers. Which it would have been normally, if I’d had a way to do the laundry! But he got himself situated and organized and feels so much better about it. The least I can do is get my panties out of a bunch about the living room piles because he did a lot of work that I can’t. And I’m sure the washer situation will be resolved soon. A few days of it won’t kill me. Can you tell I’m trying to convince myself? Because I’m not moving the clothes too much, I get allergy attacks and I like breathing far too much.
But even with all that, we had a great family day yesterday. Michael had lots of one on one time with the kids and especially Timmy. Their relationship keeps growing and it’s awesome to watch.
It rained all day yesterday, so I couldn’t plant my meager flowers or cook our chicken out. But we needed the rain. Its fire season and we’re drier then a popcorn fart. There was a big gun shoot yesterday that Michael's show sponsored. Riley, Emily and Timmy really had a great time even in the rain. The kids met a really nice veteran that listens to Michael's show and the day held some meaning I hope. I know memories were definitely made!
My camera is officially dead. I have cute Xander pictures that need to be taken, dangit! Things I want to show you! Memories that need remembering!
Emily has an appointment today to see if her ear infection is better and what to do about her constant swimmer’s ear when she hasn’t been swimming in a year.
Tomorrow, I have a baseline mammogram scheduled, thanks to Kitchenlogic! I put it off and didn’t wanna. I had to wait 6 months after I stopped nursing Xander and I let myself forget, but that is just silly.
Timmy has a dentist appointment the day after that. He’s looking forward to one on one time with Mom and so is Mom!
My computer died yesterday. Well, the video card did anyway. Thankfully he happened to have one lying around. How could I relax with a nice computer game with no video card? My husband is a handyman's nightmare! No one can compare! He can fix anything! He can fix the world! Okay, that was a little overboard, but I was very happy. World of Warcraft had to be played. The Sims had to be updated. It was what got me through the piles of laundry thing.
Are you sensing a theme here? Lots of dying appliances and electronics lately. Hmmmm…
posted by Terri at
5/29/2007 10:40:00 AM

|
|
3 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home