Boom Chicka Wow Wow Mammogram's
________________________________________________________________
I'm not quite sure how to post a link here yet. And I don't know why the comments don't always work. And I kind of miss getting an e-mail notify when I have comments. Some of those things could be solved if I felt like putting the energy into thinking about it. But I don't just now. Heh.
Like the account number to our second checking account. Michael knows it. I have it at home, but I don't take the time to memorize it. That's what I have Michael for. When I need to make a deposit, I call him. I had to call him just today in fact. He said, "Feminists all over the world would drop dead if they knew this". What they don't know won't hurt them. Hey. I have Mommy Brain. There is just so much room in here for active thought. It's all taken up with clothing sizes, social security numbers, phone numbers of doctors, dentists and how everyone likes their sandwich and what everyone's favorite dinner is and who's turn it is to sit next to me at dinner. He can remember the boring crap.
I love that I don't have to write an entry in Word and save it every few seconds because D-land would crash. Or lose my entry. Or double up on the entry. Blogger saves it automatically for me. I likee. I likee so many things!
I especially likee the template my husband made. Although I miss Marilyn. She was my girl. I loved the Celtic stuff too. But it's nice to have a fresh face for a new place. And all the Annie Taintor pictures are definitely ME.
So, I accidentally taught Xander to sing porn music last night. First it was the muhnamanah song we watched on YouTube that got us all singing. Especially Xander. We sing manamanah, and he'll go "do do doo doo do". It's the cutest thing. Last night Michael and I were playing around with the kids and I'd poke Xander in the tummy or tickle his feet and go "boom chicka wow wow". It didn't take long before I went "boom chicka" and Xander answered "wow wow". Isn't boom chicka wow wow like some kind of 70's porn thing? I don't know why it came into my head or where it originated from, but there you go. It must be a 70's thing because when Xander says "wow wow" he points his finger at me. It was very disco. I guess you kind of had to be there. Trust me. It's really gosh darn cute.
I had my mammogram today. My very first of many. It was super easy. They were super nice. It didn't hurt in the least. I even looked down once and my big flat boob and it was okay! Everyone I talked to about it today had a different story. It was incredibly painful for some and others like me weren't phased in the least. The radiologist said everyone is different. Maybe because I nursed 5 babies and that has sometimes been really painful between clogged milk ducts, engorgement and babies biting, squeezing and biting down while pulling their adorable little heads back, what's a little flattening between plexiglass? Especially if it can save a life? So I'm calling Michael's show today and I'm going to talk about it. Because he's my husband and I can get him to do stuff like that for me. It's important. And I was silly to worry about it being uncomfortable. No one is "safe" from breast cancer. Even if you don't have family history, if you've nursed babies, if you 20 or 60, no one is safe.
Last night was fun. We finally had our cookout. But the gas grill died. So we did charcoal. No big. Except it takes a lot longer to get going and to get hot. So we ate at 9:00. But that was kind of fun for everyone too. We were all outside while Daddy cooked and he came inside smelling all yummy and manly from the BBQ. The kids got to bed at 10:30. That part wasn't so fun. But up here in the summer months, it's not at all uncommon for kids to be outside playing in the midnight sun. At midnight. Literally. Not me. These kids need their schedule. Mommy especially needs their schedule! But sometimes it's fun not having one too.
I announced at dinner that we were going to start doing some school again in the morning before anyone could play. We have some things to catch up on because of my illnesseseses (hah!) and now is the time! They were all fine with it. I was shocked. This morning, Timmy was Johnny on the spot and I did reading with him (he read "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" in his reading book so well!) and did math and phonics with no help from me. Typical for him, the little speed racer. He got all the answers right too. Emily and Maggie weren't as cheerful because Riley had to help them finish up because I had my appointment, but everyone seemed so much more relaxed and less prone to arguing. What's the deal? I think I have broken children.
posted by Terri at
5/30/2007 03:11:00 PM>10 comments
10 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home