|
|
All the World's Problems Solved, by Venti Frappuccinos
________________________________________________________________
My Mom is getting Riley a cell phone. It has free long distance, so that will be a good way for us to keep in touch with her. And it has free texting, so I can text message her since its long distance to call her phone. She is so excited. I don’t remember her being this excited about anything. Okay, the new Pirate movie, but other then that… She’s already planning on specific ring tones for people. It’s very cute. All her friends have had one for years, so she’s finally able to keep up with them. To that I say, “whatever”. But I’m not a teenager. And it’s nice to see her hopping around. Not that she doesn’t hop around anyway, but this is like a new pair of cute shoes, venti white chocolate mocha frappucino and a stack of new books happy for her.
Man, I could really use a frappuccino. When couldn’t I use a frappuccino? Uh, never. Can’t think of a single time I couldn’t use one. I digress.
I took Timmy to the dentist today. We left early for a little Mom/Tim time. I used to be really careful about giving the kids “special” time, but as finances dictated extra trips in town weren’t really a great idea, special time was delegated to trips to the doctor or dentist. Timmy is never sick. *Knock on wood immediately* And he gets his pearly whites cleaned every 6 months. I don’t remember when our last outing was, but his sisters have had a few doctor visits and he hasn’t. So I took him to see Spiderman. I was going to get the big bucket of popcorn and the whole deal in the attempt to make it memorable and special. They were out of butter. How can they be out of butter?! So I passed. You can’t have movie popcorn plain. Hack! Cough! Ack! It needs the grease to ease it down better. Even without the popcorn, he had fun. And no cavities! Even after a package of Sour Patch Kids at the movie. It was touch and go there for a minute.
I’m having church issues. There’s a women’s meeting tonight, and I’m not going. The first one I’m not sick for, and I decided not to go because I was away from the house all afternoon. The girls said they didn’t want me to go and I decided I should be home. And I missed everyone! Naughty, aren’t I? And a nice couple is getting married next weekend. The daughter of our pastor. I don’t know her very well, but I should. I’m just not very outgoing, and I should have made more effort to get to know her. Last Sunday, one of the Elder’s wives asked me to speak at her Bridal Shower this Wednesday. I readily agreed. But I’ve been wigging out ever since. I don’t know what to say! What Bible verses to use, although I have some ideas, they aren’t original. What verses are the other ladies are going to use and in what context? Public speaking and ladies from church? I’m a wee bit stressed. The Elder’s have been asking Michael to open sacrament the last couple weeks too. He’s fine. Has no issue. Doesn’t even think about what he’s going to say. Two Elder families are moving and I’m wondering if something is up. Why ask ME to speak at the shower? Is this a test? I’m so going to fail. I’m not a new Christian, but I’m new to structured church. I don’t know the right things to say. I haven’t studied enough. Our pastor keeps encouraging Michael, and I don’t want to hold him back. But I think my lack of Bible learnin’ so to speak, could. Not to mention my lack of social desire. I like everyone at my church. I enjoy their company. I just would rather be home then going on retreats and Ladies Nights and such. I’m really uncomfortable in situations like that. Eek. Ugh. Ick.
I’d be much more comfortable if I had a venti frappuccino. Not as panicky either. I’m sure I’d think of all kinds of inspired things to say and my voice wouldn’t quaver once.
posted by Terri at
5/31/2007 06:09:00 PM

|
|
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home